Dear Mom
Thank you for all of you your efforts for me. It is still really hard to be here. The major problem now is that I am really tired. I forgot to say last week but there was an elder in the airport who was going back to the mission (he had to come back because he got sick). Anyway I was talking to him and he said that he ate rice and chicken for almost every meal. He also said he's been robbed at gunpoint 6 times. He had been out for 11 months. I am way excited to get robbed!! It will be an experience that almost nobody else will have.
I understand so much Spanish now it's ridiculous. I can have conversations with almost all of the Latinos. Except the hermanas because they talk way too fast. They definitely speak the fastest Spanish in the world here. I also learned that we have like the coolest mission president ever. I will have an hour and a half to write home when I get out in the field. So I'm pretty excited about that. Right now we only have 30 min so that kinda stinks. Oh yeah another crazy thing I found out is that my mission ends on the 24 of march 2015. So you guys better have an awesome birthday party planned for me when I get back.
The food here is good but really bland. One really weird thing is that instead of having milk with their cereal they have runny yogurt. I don't really like it so I just eat ham egg and cheese sandwiches with their really tasty bread. Today is our P Day so I am going to get some Hymnos and Spanish scriptures. Yesterday our Latino roommates left to go to their missions. So tomorrow we will be getting new ones. I really liked the ones we had and it was hard to see them go.
I've heard that they have crazy nice malls here and that they are way better than the ones in the United States. On a day to day basis it is really boring here. All we do is wake up, exercise, classes, sleep. Then the next day it starts all over again. Tomorrow there are supposed to be 5 new missionaries coming to the MTC here 3 guys and 2 girls.
One really cool thing happened. We found a box of stuff in our ceiling from people who had stay in the room before us. They had written their names on a shirt and put some more papers in there. It was creepy and cool at the same time. One really weird thing I noticed when we got here is that I felt like I knew all the other missionaries before. For some reason they all look really familiar to me. It's kinda weird. One of the elders, Elder McGary, got mono and so he's been pretty sick so I was able to give him a blessing and he is already almost back to full health.
All of us are really bored here and so we all get a little crazy sometimes but we find ways to have a lot of fun. Every night before we go to bed we all go into a stairwell and sing the Misty Mountains song from the Hobbit. We sounds so sexy. Elder Nelson tells some really bland stories but the way he tells them makes it really funny so another elder, Elder Paxman, is keeping a book of quotes from him and it's hilarious.
Some other little things have happened but I am running out of time. I think that's pretty much it so I will see you next week.
With Love,
your son Nathan
No comments:
Post a Comment